The Power X line wouldn't be complete without a dual driver, sealed subwoofer. At 111lbs, the XS30 is moderately sized with a midbass "slam" factor that will leave you gasping for breath. In all but very large rooms, the XS30 will extend into single digits, creating a realistic sound field from almost any source material. The 725W DSP amplifier is specifically programmed to produce an unsurpassed transient response to minimize ringing and one note bass. The combination of a rigid MDF enclosure and a carefully engineered brace, the XS30 remains acoustically inert even while producing bass levels that will leave your home shuddering. The XS30 strikes the perfect engineering balance between remarkable performance and contemporary styling.
- Proprietary, USA assembled, 15" high excursion drivers
- Patented digital hybrid PS BASH® 725W amplifier with DSP control
- American made, highly durable, satin black textured and real wood veneered cabinets
- 19Hz-200Hz +/-3dB (9Hz-14Hz typical in-room extension)
*Subtract 9dB for an equivalent RMS 2m ground plane measurement distance.
- Ultra-low bass (20-31.5 Hz): 116.6dB
- Low bass (40-63Hz): 131.2dB
Flat Rate Shipping
- Includes shipping to continental USA
- Power Sound Audio proprietary 15” driver
- High excursion capabilities (2" peak to peak)
- Optimized motor using Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Low carbon steel motor structure for optimized flux flow
- Aero vented pole geometry for quiet operation and efficient cooling
- Triple stack of Y35 grade magnets
- Reinforced curvilinear kraft pulp cone
- Rubatek foam surround
- Twelve spoke aluminum frame for a rigid foundation
- Flat wound copper coil on a black anodized former allowing for effective heat dissipation and rigidity
- Single poly cotton semi-progressive, high excursion spider
- Fatigue limiting designed, forty-eight tinsel count lead wire
- Assembled in the USA
- Amplifier Power: 725W RMS (continuous), 1450W Peak (dynamic)
- Amplifier Topology: PS BASH® - Patented hybrid amplifier uses best of Class D and Class AB
- Precision analog control through DSP (digital signal processing)
- Inputs: Left (LFE) and Right RCA connections
- 0o to 180o Continuous Phase Control
- 40Hz-150Hz/LFE Variable Crossover
- Off/Auto/On Selector
- Voltage: 100-120V/220-240V~50/60Hz (6.3A) with auto-switching
- Stand-By Power: Less than 1W
- Temperature sensing protection
- Driver voltage monitoring with DC offset protection
- Driver current monitoring with overload, short circuit, and load protection.
- Primary voltage monitoring to control dynamic and average power limits
- Soft limiting protection
- Frequency dependent compressors
- Energy Star compliant
- Sealed enclosure
- Front and rear firing drivers
- Super durable, satin black textured finish and real wood veneers
- Precision machined CNC panels for perfect fit of all components
- Rigid MDF baffles
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 18” x 23.5” x 22.5” (dimensions include grills and feet)
- Weight: 111lbs
- Made in the USA
(click on the image for a detailed view)
Satin Black Texture
Cordovan Cherry (2 weeks)
Black Ash (2 weeks)
American Cherry (2 weeks)
Espresso (2 weeks)
Due to the variances in video monitors, the wood veneer photographs are a close, but not an exact representation of our finished products. Differences in color, grain, appearance and texture are inherent in all natural woodwork, and should be expected. These differences are not classified as manufacturing defects, and will not be accepted as valid reasons for Power Sound Audio to reimburse return shipping costs of a product within our 30 Day Risk Free Trial Period.
Power X Owner's Manual
* 2 meter ground plane (1/6 Octave smoothing)
LONG TERM OUTPUT COMPRESSION
IN ROOM VS GROUND PLANE
* The two curves in the graph depict the difference between a simulated in-room response and the measured ground plane response. The XS30 experiences a shallow 10dB/octave roll-off starting at 30Hz when measured in a ground plane (quasi-anechoic) environment. Once the XS30 is placed in a medium to large sized room, true extension to 9Hz-14Hz is typical. This boost in low end output is due to the phenomenon known as "room gain".
Todd Anderson gives his first impressions along with a detailed review of his dual XS30 setup. Please click the Home Theater Shack logo to read the entire review.
"HOW DO THEY SOUND," you ask? Let's just say this: Incredible."
"What I’ve found through my hours of movie watching is an extremely even, tight, and smooth bass. It’s not localized or one sided in it’s presentation - not in the slightest bit."
Dave Upton, in his recent review of the XS30, has claimed it as "one of the finest values available in home theater today." Please click on the Home Theater Forum logo to read the review.
"I listened to these albums for close to two hours and was thoroughly impressed by the articulation and natural sound of the XS30."
"Overall, the XS30 delivered usable response down to the mid teens with clear, powerful and heavily visceral bass reproduction. Once I had it dialed in, the results were astounding."
Thank you for the incredible subwoofer!
I had no idea a sub could sound this good.
My wife "approved" the purchase within 15 minutes of the first movie. She typically doesn't prefer the 5.1 audio "extra sound" while watching TV. Well, the audio has been used a lot more since adding the XS30. She explained the sound as much more natural. Your product description is so true "realistic sound field".
Kevin (February 12, 2014)
FINALLY got my XS30 hooked up & calibrated! Rest of system is: PSB Synchrony Ones, PSB Synchrony One Center, PSB Synchrony two's for surrounds. My previous sub for last 8 years was another creation of yours, an SVS 20-39 PC+. Marantz AV8801 pre/pro - (also new!), B&K Ref. 200.7 amp. Room approx. 3000 CF. I calibrated with XT32, had all "the usual suspects" bass demo blu-rays lined up ready to go.....One problem: I said to myself "I'll just check it out with some music for a few minutes to make sure everything is working" I sat there for 4 hours, amazed at how clean & tight the XS30 was! I dug out DVD-A's & SACD's, and it was better than hearing them for the first time.
When I finally got around to the blu-rays, it was more of the same. The way the XS30 just underpinned everything was astonishing. I'm 54 years old & have been interested in audio & video since I was 12. I have had a few components come through my hands that haven't been worth the money; many more that I thought were a good value for the money spent - and a precious few that returned much more enjoyment than the purchase price I had paid - with the XS30 topping this last category.
Be well, and please continue to amaze us!!!!