The XS15 is a powerful, sealed subwoofer able to deliver accurate levels of bass into the lowest audible octave. Although the XS15 can be used in large rooms, we recommend it for medium to small rooms. The black sand textured cabinet and down-firing design allows it to blend into almost any decor.
- Proprietary, USA assembled, 15" high excursion driver
- Patented digital hybrid PS BASH® 500W amplifier with DSP control
- American made, highly durable, black textured finished cabinets
- 26Hz-200Hz +/-3dB (16Hz-20Hz typical in-room extension)
*Subtract 9dB for an equivalent RMS 2m ground plane measurement distance.
- Ultra-low bass (20-31.5 Hz): 113.1dB
- Low bass (40-63Hz): 124.2dB
- Power Sound Audio proprietary 15” driver
- High excursion capabilities (2" peak to peak)
- Optimized motor using Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Low carbon steel motor structure for optimized flux flow
- Aero vented pole geometry for quiet operation and efficient cooling
- Triple stack of Y35 grade magnets
- Reinforced curvilinear kraft pulp cone
- Rubatek foam surround
- Twelve spoke aluminum frame for a rigid foundation
- Flat wound copper coil on a black anodized former allowing for effective heat dissipation and rigidity
- Single poly cotton semi-progressive, high excursion spider
- Fatigue limiting designed, forty-eight tinsel count lead wire
- Assembled in the USA
- Amplifier Power: 500W RMS (continuous), 1000W Peak (dynamic)
- Amplifier Topology: PS BASH® - Patented hybrid amplifier uses best of Class D and Class AB
- Precision analog control through DSP (digital signal processing)
- Inputs: Left (LFE) and Right RCA connections
- 0o to 180o Continuous Phase Control
- 40Hz-150Hz/LFE Variable Crossover
- Off/Auto/On Selector
- Voltage: 100-120V/220-240V~50/60Hz (6.3A) with auto-switching
- Stand-By Power: Less than 1W
- Temperature sensing protection
- Driver voltage monitoring with DC offset protection
- Driver current monitoring with overload, short circuit, and load protection.
- Primary voltage monitoring to control dynamic and average power limits
- Soft limiting protection
- Frequency dependent compressors
- Energy Star compliant
- Sealed enclosure
- Down-firing driver
- Super durable, black sand textured finish
- Precision machined CNC panels for perfect fit of all components
- 1” thick MDF baffles
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 18” x 17” x 19.5”
- Weight: 59lbs
- Made in the USA
* 2 meter ground plane (1/6 Octave smoothing)
LONG TERM OUTPUT COMPRESSION
IN ROOM VS GROUND PLANE
* The two curves in the graph depict the difference between a simulated in-room response and the measured ground plane response. The XS15 experiences a shallow 8dB/octave roll-off starting at 40Hz when measured in a ground plane (quasi-anechoic) environment. Once the XS15 is placed in a small to medium sized room, true extension to 16Hz-20Hz is typical. This boost in low end output is due to the phenomenon known as "room gain".
Dale Rasco from the Home Theater Shack posted his review of the two XS15's we sent as part of the $10,000 Home Theater System Giveaway. Please click the Home Theater Shack logo to read the entire review.
"The XS15 can land a punch in your chest that would kickstart your heart if necessary."
"I was pleasantly surprised by the depth at which the bass was reproduced."
Check out Jim Wilson's in-depth review of our XS15 at Blu-ray.com. Please click on the Blu-ray.com logo to read the entire review.
"Right out of the box I liked the sound, which struck me as very detailed. Depth was pretty evident almost instantly as well, with a nice powerful rumble when the situation warranted."
"What this company provides is a level of value that simply didn't exist a few months ago. Very rarely does a rookie step into the majors and hit a home run during their first at bat, but PSA has done just that. The XS15 is definitely worth more then the $750 they're selling it for. Pick one up soon, before these guys come to their senses and realize what they have."