Power Sound Audio's flagship subwoofer is a true exhibit of American engineering and manufacturing. We took our time designing one of the best commercially available subwoofers that will fill most rooms with concussive bass.
- Three, USA built, proprietary 18" drivers configured in a triangular array to eliminate reactive forces
- 4000W RMS / 8000W Peak amplifier with DSP - made in USA
- Satin black texture cabinets - made in the USA
- 15Hz-200Hz +/-3dB (7Hz-11Hz typical in-room extension)
*Subtract 9dB for an equivalent RMS 2m ground plane measurement distance.
- Ultra-low bass (20-31.5 Hz): 121.7dB
- Low bass (40-63Hz): 135.7dB
Power Sound Audio Product Comparison
- Includes shipping to continental USA
- Carrier: Truck freight
- Three Power Sound Audio proprietary 18” drivers
- Extended and vented pole geometry
- Vented back plate to maximize air flow
- Extremely linear and dynamic motor system
- Epoxy reinforced cone neck/apex joint
- Concentric foam surround, treated for longevity
- Highly treated, rigid paper cone body
- Die-cast rigid aluminum frame
- Three inch diameter, four layer copper voice coil wound on a rigid multi-layer aluminum former with Kapton heat shielding
- Fatigue limiting designed, silver alloy lead wires
- Single poly cotton semi-progressive, high excursion spider
- Paper outer dust cap with acrylic coating
- Inner Mass Loading Cap that also strengthens the cone body
- Assembled in the USA
- Amplifier Power: 4000W RMS (continuous), 8000W Peak (dynamic)
- Amplifier Topology: Innovative post-filter feedback class-D topology, achieves ruler-flat frequency response, low distortion and very high damping across the whole audio band
- Uses latest generation power MOSFET transistors and highly optimized output stage for up to 95% efficiency, allowing quiet fan-less operation up to unprecedented power levels
- Full featured protection: DC, overload, low impedances, shorts, under/over-voltage, overheating, etc.
- Very low idle power consumption (less than 20w typical) saves electricity in comparison with most pro-audio and class AB amps
- Includes gentle soft-start and long-term power limiter to reduce the chances of tripping breakers
- 120VAC only
- Inputs: Balanced XLR input and balance XLR loop output.
- Two user selectable DSP programs for optimization in almost any room size
- LED indicators for circuit protection, clipping, AC power, and signal
- Sealed enclosure
- Triaxial driver array
- Finish options: super durable, satin black textured finish
- Precision machined CNC panels for perfect fit of all components
- Rigid MDF baffles
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 27.5” x 31” x 23.5” Technical Drawing
- Weight: 170lbs (158lbs without grills)
- Made in the USA
* 2 meter ground plane (1/3 Octave smoothing)
Program select button IN = RED
Program select button OUT = BLUE
LONG TERM OUTPUT COMPRESSION
Dave Upton (Home Theater Forum) spent some with our flagship subwoofer, the T-18. Click the Home Theater Forum logo to read his impressions of what he calls, "the best value in high end subwoofers."
" it was obvious that the T-18 could handle ultra-pressurizing subsonic content with ease as well as deliver a huge amount of impact. Turning the volume anywhere close to reference level had my room rattling in ways I never thought possible. Even with such impressive output capacity, the T-18 was remarkably dynamic also, delivering intense bass without being rude about it."
"With the T-18 properly dialed in, the experience was the most intense home theater bass reproduction I’ve ever encountered from a non-DIY sub."