The XV15 vented subwoofer delivers crisp, detailed bass, while digging deep into the lowest frequencies. Combining the deep bass capabilities of a vented subwoofer and the shallow roll off of a sealed subwoofer, the XV15 is a perfect match for both movies and music. Assembled in America with mostly USA built components, the XV15 is destined to be a class leader.
- Proprietary, USA assembled, 15" high excursion driver
- Patented digital hybrid PS BASH® 500W amplifier with DSP control
- American made, highly durable, satin black textured and real wood veneered cabinets
- 21Hz-200Hz +/-3dB (16Hz-18Hz typical in-room extension)
- Ultra-low bass (20-31.5 Hz): 116.6dB
- Low bass (40-63Hz): 125.1dB
- Includes shipping to continental USA
- Power Sound Audio proprietary 15” driver
- High excursion capabilities (2" peak to peak)
- Optimized motor using Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Low carbon steel motor structure for optimized flux flow
- Aero vented pole geometry for quiet operation and efficient cooling
- Triple stack of Y35 grade magnets
- Reinforced curvilinear kraft pulp cone
- Rubatek foam surround
- Twelve spoke aluminum frame for a rigid foundation
- Flat wound copper coil on a black anodized former allowing for effective heat dissipation and rigidity
- Single poly cotton semi-progressive, high excursion spider
- Fatigue limiting designed forty-eight tinsel count lead wire
- Assembled in the USA
- Amplifier Power: 500W RMS (continuous), 1000W Peak (dynamic)
- Amplifier Topology: PS BASH® - Patented hybrid amplifier uses best of Class D and Class AB
- Precision analog control through DSP (digital signal processing)
- Inputs: Left (LFE) and Right RCA connections
- 0o to 180o Continuous Phase Control
- 40Hz-150Hz/LFE Variable Crossover
- Off/Auto/On Selector
- Voltage: 100-120V/220-240V~50/60Hz (6.3A) with auto-switching
- Stand-By Power: Less than 1W
- Temperature sensing protection
- Driver voltage monitoring with DC offset protection
- Driver current monitoring with overload, short circuit, and load protection.
- Primary voltage monitoring to control dynamic and average power limits
- Soft limiting protection
- Frequency dependent compressors
- Energy Star compliant
- Vented enclosure
- Down-firing driver
- USA designed 4” Precision PortTM
- Super durable, satin black textured finish and real wood veneers
- Precision machined CNC panels for perfect fit of all components
- Rigid MDF baffles
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 22” x 17” x 23”
- Weight: 75lbs
- Made in the USA
(click on the image for a detailed view)
Due to the variances in video monitors, the wood veneer photographs are a close, but not an exact representation of our finished products. Differences in color, grain, appearance and texture are inherent in all natural woodwork, and should be expected. These differences are not classified as manufacturing defects, and will not be accepted as valid reasons for Power Sound Audio to reimburse return shipping costs of a product within our 30 Day Risk Free Trial Period.
* 2 meter ground plane (1/6 Octave smoothing)
LONG TERM OUTPUT COMPRESSION
IN ROOM VS GROUND PLANE* The two curves in the graph depict the difference between a simulated in-room response and the measured ground plane response. The XV15 experiences a shallow 10dB/octave roll-off starting at 30Hz when measured in a ground plane (quasi-anechoic) environment. Once the XV15 is placed in a medium to large sized room, true extension to 16Hz-18Hz is typical. This boost in low end output is due to the phenomenon known as "room gain".
Josh Ricci posted his review of the XV15 at Audioholics. Please click the Audioholics logo read the entire review."Power Sound has come out swinging with the XV-15 and if the rest of their line-up is as good as the XV-15 is I’d expect they will be doing quite well for themselves in their first year of operation."
"Apparently $799 can buy an astonishing amount of performance in the subwoofer kingdom these days."
CJ, Home Theater Lounge Administrator, posted an excellent review of the XV15. Check it out by clicking the Lounge's logo."The XV15 also plays low and loud. I mean it pounds out movie SFX, hard."
"The XV15 is what I would call a no-nonsense subwoofer design with design emphasis on what matters from a performance perspective."I love the Satin black look. It is textured and very well done. Immediately getting them out of the boxes the WAF factor was a huge success. She complimented their appearance multiple times through the evening.
The XL Omnidroid is smashing through town launching lasers. The impact the lasers have is creating really incredible depth. There was so much missing before that I never noticed. Simple things stand out as well like the Omnidroid Breaking through Frozone's ice wall. It has strength now. Physically I am watching and grinning ear to ear, but mentally I am tearing through my abundant Bluray collection.My setup just got pumped up full of steroids and came back ready to bring it. These subs belong here, I would have paid 3k for them if I knew what they were going to do. the money I spent on them is negligible, the value they carry is worth much much more. I pushed the XV15s very hard today and they didn't blink. Bulletproof.-Jordan (2-XV15's) February 12, 2014