As the very first subwoofer in our Prism product line, the Triax offers exceptional performance with a refreshing style that is both functional and contemporary. With three 15" extreme excursion drivers, a 4000W (8000Wpeak) amplifier, and a cabinet designed to be seen as well as heard, the Triax will soon become the focal point in many home theaters. The Triax is available in four different wood veneered finishes and our highly durable satin black texture.
- Proprietary, USA assembled, 15" high excursion driver
- 4000W RMS / 8000W Peak amplifier with DSP built in USA
- American made, satin black texture and real wood veneered cabinets
- 15Hz-200Hz +/-3dB (7Hz-11Hz typical in-room extension)
*Subtract 9dB for an equivalent RMS 2m ground plane measurement distance.
- Ultra-low bass (20-31.5 Hz): 125.8dB
- Low bass (40-63Hz): 136.9dB
- Includes shipping to continental USA
- Power Sound Audio proprietary 15” driver
- High excursion capabilities (3" peak to peak)
- Optimized motor using Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Low carbon steel motor structure for optimized flux flow
- Aero vented pole geometry for quiet operation and efficient cooling
- Single stack of Y35 grade magnets
- Reinforced curvilinear kraft pulp cone
- Rubatek foam surround
- Twelve spoke aluminum frame for a rigid foundation
- Semi-progressive, high excursion spider
- Fatigue limiting designed, forty-eight tinsel count lead wire
- Assembled in the USA
- Amplifier Power: 4000W RMS (continuous), 8000W Peak (dynamic)
- Amplifier Topology: Innovative post-filter feedback class-D topology, achieves ruler-flat frequency response, low distortion and very high damping across the whole audio band
- Uses latest generation power MOSFET transistors and highly optimized output stage for up to 95% efficiency, allowing quiet fan-less operation up to unprecedented power levels
- Full featured protection: DC, overload, low impedances, shorts, under/over-voltage, overheating, etc.
- Very low idle power consumption (<20W typ.), saves electricity in comparison with most pro-audio and class AB amps
- Includes gentle soft-start and long-term power limiter to reduce the chances of tripping breakers
- 120VAC only
- Inputs: Balanced XLR input and balance XLR loop output.
- Two user selectable DSP programs for optimization in almost any room size
- LED indicators for circuit protection, clipping, AC power, and signal
- Sealed enclosure
- Triaxial driver array
- Finish options: super durable, satin black textured finish and real wood veneers
- Precision machined CNC panels for perfect fit of all components
- Rigid MDF baffles
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 27.5” x 31” x 23.5” Technical Drawing
- Weight: 230lbs
- Made in the USA
(click on the image for a detailed view)
Satin Black Texture
Cordovan Cherry (2 weeks)
Black Ash (2 weeks)
American Cherry (2 weeks)
Espresso (2 weeks)
Due to the variances in video monitors, the wood veneer photographs are a close, but not an exact representation of our finished products. Differences in color, grain, appearance and texture are inherent in all natural woodwork, and should be expected. These differences are not classified as manufacturing defects, and will not be accepted as valid reasons for Power Sound Audio to reimburse return shipping costs of a product within our 30 Day Risk Free Trial Period.
* 2 meter ground plane (1/6 Octave smoothing)
Program select button IN = BLUE
Program select button OUT = RED
LONG TERM OUTPUT COMPRESSION
Program select button IN
Program select button OUT
This is insane!!! I just ran some song demos and movie clips, holy s***!!! This sounds way different, the bass sounds more full, had no humming noise it's silent, way stronger punches, way more low output!! It sounds like a bomb going off in my room! All posters on walls, ceilings lamps, doors, and things I never knew rattle are rattling! I walked upstairs and when you stand on the top floor the vibrations rattle through your spine, it's like a war zone upstairs! As I walk back down through the stairwell the pressure is coming up the stairs like I'm walking through a giant porthole in a sub! I maxed everything out and this sub won't clip, I've got the spl meter riding 129dbs like there's no tomorrow! This sub ain't no joke, insane power, tight clean bass, it's exactly what I wanted.
-Robert (2-Triax) February 24, 2014
"Words that come to mind are tight, clean, smooth, effortless, and deep. Threw in Star Trek Into Darkness (set the sub 3db hot for movies) and watched scene 1.....holly crap! I've never heard or felt bass like that in my system, and the drivers were hardly moving! I can't imagine what it would be like if the Triax was really cranked up. I'd seriously be afraid my room would be damaged. I look forward to getting it dialed in and rediscovering my music/movie collection.
Reminds me of a line I heard in a movie; "...it's big, it's beautiful, and you're gonna love it!""
-Jim (Triax) February 24, 2014
"Early reports are in!!! Amazing! I did the right thing, I grabbed WOW and put it in, set the subs to +6 hot and just ran em. Moved to the pod emerging scene and just insane. I could feel the floor Joists moving, my legs were tingling, the air was moving around the room, in your chest punch. Just super smooth, deep bass!! This is all at -7. These subs are for real guys! I don't even have them in place, level matched or tuned yet! Holy Cow
. Smooth as BUTTA!! These are my first sealed subs and I already love em!! Tom and Jim, my hat off to your guys, you hit it out the park LOL, I am just running WOW right now at -22 and the house is shaking down to the ground, just thundering bass. I am having a hard time raising it to reference.
" -Dave (2-Triax) February 24, 2014