The compact 15S powered home audio subwoofer effortlessly provides the depth and accuracy we know you expect from an American made subwoofer. The down-firing, décor friendly subwoofer will not be underestimated once the action begins.
Design Sealed Driver 15" High Excursion Powered Yes Amp 725W RMS (1900W PEAK) Enclosure CNC machined MDF Frequency Response 19Hz-200Hz +/-3dB In-Room Extension 11Hz-14Hz Size (DxWxH) 18" x 17.25" x 19.5" Weight 64 lbs
Unleash your home theater
Create the very best home theater experience with a powered subwoofer from Power Sound Audio. Energize your room with fast, dynamic bass and cinema quality sound.
The 15S subwoofer is powered by a 725W RMS (1900W PEAK) built-in amplifier with ICEpower® audio technology. A DSP based feature board includes the essential controls to properly integrate the subwoofer into your system.
The MDF enclosure is assembled with rabbet joints for strong structural integrity. The enclosure is finished with a non-reflective and extremely durable textured material. The down-firing 15 inch subwoofer driver is mounted to the bottom baffle of the enclosure. The amplifier is mounted on the rear baffle.
The 15S contains a 15 inch subwoofer driver, which is capable of moving massive amounts of air. The 1 inch surround and poly cotton semi-progressive, high excursion spider allow the cone to move more than 2 inches peak to peak. The cast aluminum frame is mounted to the extremely linear and dynamic motor system, which provides the power to drive the cone in a symmetrical motion.
- ICEpower® audio technology
- Amplifier Power: 725 watts
- Inputs: Left and Right RCA inputs
- On, Auto, Off selector
- Gain control
- Time delay(phase) control
- Crossover control
- Room size control
- Custom DSP(digital signal processing) enables superior engineering refinement
- CE and FCC approved; EMC and safety pre-approved
- Fully integrated amplifier and power supply with mains-converter and auxiliary-converter
- Patented HCOM modulation and control techniques for unparalleled audio accuracy
- Sound optimized soft clipping
- Soft start power up with mute/de-mute.
- Thermal and over-current protection
- Standby converter with low standby power consumption (less than 1 watt)
- Universal mains operation (100-240 V, 50-60 Hz)
- Standby power consumption 170 mW @ 230 V
- ErP (1275/2008/EC) compliant
- Energy Star®v3.0 compliant
- 117 dBA dynamic range
- THD+N = 0.005 % @ 1 W (4 Ω, 1 kHz)
- THD+N = 0.0008 % @ 50 W (4 Ω, 100 Hz)
- CCIF IM distortion = 0.0003 %, 10 W, 4 Ω, 18.5 kHz / 1 kHz
- High output current limit of 30 A
- Sealed Enclosure
- Down-firing driver
- Super durable, black sand textured finish
- Precision machined CNC panels
- Rigid MDF baffles
- Rear mounted amplifier
- USA manufactured rubber feet
- Dimensions (DxWxH): 18"x17.25"x19.5"
- Weight: 64 lbs
- Made in the USA
- Power Sound Audio proprietary 15” driver
- Extended and vented pole geometry
- Vented back plate to maximize air flow
- Double stacked 80oz. ferrite magnets
- Extremely linear and dynamic motor system
- Epoxy reinforced cone neck/apex joint
- Concentric foam surround, treated for longevity
- Highly treated, Kevlar-reinforced rigid paper cone body
- Die-cast, twelve spoke, rigid aluminum frame with under spider cooling vents
- Three inch diameter, four layer copper voice coil wound on a rigid multi-layer aluminum former with Kapton heat shielding
- Fatigue limiting designed, silver alloy lead wires
- Single poly cotton semi-progressive, high excursion spider
- Paper outer dust cap with acrylic coating
- Assembled in the USA
15S Frequency Response
The frequency response graph shows how the subwoofer will sound for a given input frequency or tone. Accurate reproduction of the source material is achieved with a flat frequency response as shown in the graph.
The compression graph indicates how the output of the subwoofer changes as the input signal increases.
16Hz - 25Hz: 109.4 dB 31Hz - 50Hz: 121.8 dB 63Hz - 100Hz: 136.5 dB 16Hz - 100Hz: 121.6 dB