The absolute best-in-class performance from an American made subwoofer. The S7201 is a high output, high performance powered subwoofer destined to set the new standard in home theater bass.
Design Sealed Drivers Four 18" High Excursion Powered Yes Amp 4000W RMS (8000W PEAK) Enclosure CNC machined Baltic birch plywood Frequency Response 15Hz-180Hz +/-3dB In-Room Extension 6Hz-10Hz Size (DxWxH) 36.5" x 22" x 55.5" Weight 295 lbs
The S7201 subwoofer is powered by a 4000W RMS (8000W PEAK) built-in amplifier. A DSP based feature board includes the essential controls to properly integrate the subwoofer into your system.
The Baltic birch plywood enclosure is heavily braced and assembled with rabbet joints for strong structural integrity. The enclosure is finished with a non-reflective and extremely durable textured material. The amplifier is mounted on the rear baffle.
The S7201 houses four 18 inch subwoofer drivers, which are capable of moving massive amounts of air. The 1.75 inch surround and poly cotton semi-progressive, high excursion spider allow the cone to move more than 2 inches peak to peak. The cast aluminum frame is mounted to the extremely linear and dynamic motor system, which provides the power to drive the cone in a symmetrical motion.
- Amplifier Power: 4000W RMS (continuous), 8000W Peak (dynamic)
- Amplifier Topology: Innovative post-filter feedback class-D topology, achieves ruler-flat frequency response, low distortion and very high damping across the whole audio band
- Uses latest generation power MOSFET transistors and highly optimized output stage for up to 95% efficiency, allowing quiet fan-less operation up to unprecedented power levels
- Full featured protection: DC, overload, low impedances, shorts, under/over-voltage, overheating, etc.
- Includes gentle soft-start and long-term power limiter to reduce the chances of tripping breakers
- 120VAC (optional 120VAC-240VAC for an additional charge)
- Unbalanced Inputs: Left and Right RCA
- Balanced Input/Output: XLR input and XLR loop output.
- On, Auto, Off selector
- Gain control
- Time delay(phase) control
- Crossover control
- Room size control
- Custom DSP(digital signal processing) enables superior engineering refinement
- LED indicators for standby and power mode
- Sealed Enclosure
- Reactive force canceling driver array
- Super durable, black sand textured finish
- Precision machined CNC panels
- Rigid Baltic birch plywood baffles
- Heavily braced
- Rear mounted amplifier
- USA manufactured rubber feet
- Dimensions (DxWxH): 36.5"x22"x55.5"
- Weight: 295 lbs
- Made in the USA
- Four Power Sound Audio proprietary 18” drivers
- Extended and vented pole geometry
- Vented back plate to maximize air flow
- Extremely linear and dynamic motor system
- Epoxy reinforced cone neck/apex joint
- Concentric foam surround, treated for longevity
- Highly treated, rigid paper cone body
- Die-cast rigid aluminum frame
- Three inch diameter, four layer copper voice coil wound on a rigid multi-layer aluminum former with Kapton heat shielding
- Fatigue limiting designed, silver alloy lead wires
- Single poly cotton semi-progressive, high excursion spider
- Paper outer dust cap with acrylic coating
- Mass loading cap that also strengthens the cone body
- Under spider ventilation which aids power handling and improves power compression
- Assembled in the USA
S7201 Frequency Response
The frequency response graph shows how the subwoofer will sound for a given input frequency or tone. Accurate reproduction of the source material is achieved with a flat frequency response as shown in the graph.
The compression graph indicates how the output of the subwoofer changes as the input signal increases.
16Hz - 25Hz: 124.1 dB 31Hz - 50Hz: 137.3 dB 63Hz - 100Hz: 142.4 dB 16Hz - 100Hz: 137.2 dB