The V1800 subwoofer may be our best price/performance/size form factor to date. A huge 18" high performance driver matched with our 725 watt ICEpower® amplifier, work in perfect synergy inside a surprisingly compact enclosure. The V1800 extends very deep and can produce deafening output levels while maintaining the accuracy and sound quality you expect from a Power Sound Audio subwoofer. Our "Room Size" control ensures the V1800 will perform exceptionally well in any room environment.
- USA built, proprietary 18" driver with powerful motor strength and efficiency.
- Patented digital ICEpower® 725W amplifier with DSP control
- CNC precision cut cabinets that are finished in our industry exclusive satin black texture
- 16Hz-200Hz +/-3dB (11Hz-14Hz typical in-room extension)
- Ultra-low bass (20-31.5 Hz): Coming soon
- Low bass (40-63Hz): Coming soon
Power Sound Audio Product Comparison
- Includes shipping to continental USA
- Package Information
- Shipment dimensions: 24" x 26" x 30"
- Shipment weight: 121lbs
- Carrier: FedEx
- Power Sound Audio proprietary 18” driver
- Extended and vented pole geometry
- Vented back plate to maximize air flow
- Extremely linear and dynamic motor system
- Epoxy reinforced cone neck/apex joint
- Concentric foam surround, treated for longevity
- Highly treated, rigid paper cone body
- Die-cast rigid aluminum frame
- Three inch diameter, four layer copper voice coil wound on a rigid multi-layer aluminum former with Kapton heat shielding
- Fatigue limiting designed, silver alloy lead wires
- Single poly cotton semi-progressive, high excursion spider
- Paper outer dust cap with acrylic coating
- Inner Mass Loading Cap that also strengthens the cone body
- Assembled in the USA
- ICEpower® audio technology
- Amplifier Power: 725 watts
- Inputs: Left and Right RCA inputs
- On, Auto, Off selector
- Gain control
- Time delay(phase) control
- Crossover control
- Room size control
- Custom DSP(digital signal processing) enables superior engineering refinement
- CE and FCC approved; EMC and safety pre-approved
- Fully integrated amplifier and power supply with mains-converter and auxiliary-converter
- Patented HCOM modulation and control techniques for unparalleled audio accuracy
- Sound optimized soft clipping
- Soft start power up with mute/de-mute.
- Thermal and over-current protection
- Standby converter with low standby power consumption (less than 1 watt)
- Universal mains operation (100-240 V, 50-60 Hz)
- Standby power consumption 170 mW @ 230 V
- ErP (1275/2008/EC) compliant
- Energy Star®v3.0 compliant
- 117 dBA dynamic range
- THD+N = 0.005 % @ 1 W (4 Ω, 1 kHz)
- THD+N = 0.0008 % @ 50 W (4 Ω, 100 Hz)
- CCIF IM distortion = 0.0003 %, 10 W, 4 Ω, 18.5 kHz / 1 kHz
- High output current limit of 30 A
- Vented enclosure
- Massive slot port
- Front-firing drivers with grill cover
- Super durable, black sand textured finish
- Precision machined CNC panels for perfect fit of all components
- Rigid MDF baffles
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 22” x 20” x 24” includes grill
- Weight: 108 lbs
- Made in the USA
* 2 meter ground plane (1/3 Octave smoothing)
Hey all, proud new owner of a V1800, and my first time posting. I've read most of the PSA forums. First let me say thanks Tom V. for this wonderfully crafted piece of equipment at this price point and made in the USA (incredible really).
The V1800 is in an entirely different league than my previous sub (PC12-Plus) that I thought was a considerable step up from big box store one note wonders. There's some great info on these forums from some obviously brilliant people whose posts have helped me in my decision making as well so a thanks to anyone this may include. I moved earlier this year a couple months after buying my last sub and my room size at least doubled. I'm now in 4780^3 ft of open vaulted space not including 3 large entry ways/hallway that absolutely swallowed my PC12-Plus. I considered trading the only 10 month old PC12-Plus up to an ultra before researching other options...thankfully I did not waste the nearly $800 with shipping for a marginal improvement.
I watched Toy Story with my son earlier and even at just -25db MV on the receiver I was blown away at how explosive and yet precise this sub is. At 28 minutes in when Sid blows up a G.I. Joe with an M-80 firework my boy, who's four, just looked at me in shock and said "that was awesome, what was that?" It was then I knew this will bring us smiles for many years to come. To think that when/if I order another V1800 for duals next year that they cost nearly the same as a PC12-Plus is absolutely mind blowing to me. After just one full movie and a few other demos, I can only imagine the value of its big brother V3600! We're 85/15 movies, music and I can't wait to tweak things further over the holidays.
Sekoshe (V1800) January 6, 2016
Just thought I would pop in and give an update on how much I am enjoying my dual V1800s. I have had them since they first shipped almost 2 months ago and the first few weeks were tuning and tweaking. The last few weeks have been pure pleasure enjoying them. I recently remodeled the house and closed a door into the media room and then decided to do a major refresh of the entire system, upgraded from Denon 4311 to X7200WA, replaced my 12 year old Klipsch RF-35/RC 35 fronts with RP-280F and RC-62ii. Then finally replaced my 7+ year old SVS PC-Ultra with dual PSA V1800s. I also the dual subs forced me to layout the front differently, spreading the fronts out putting the V1800s on the inside of the fronts. This alone was a great move as my front sound stage just opened up so much.
All I can say is WOW. The Klipsch were a nice refinement to take some of the harshness off the top end and they are very good. As for the Dual V1800's truly an exceptional sub. If I had to pick the single improvement that made the largest difference other that spreading out the fronts, it is the subs. The PSA V1800s are so tight and deep. Just today I was listening to BMG How to Be a Megastar (start to finish bass lovers BD or CD) and the lows are so clean and tight it is truly a gitty experience on how good these things sound. In my 2400 cu ft mostly closed room listening at basically MV -3 and sub +6db hot you feel it in every fiber of your body. I have seen this show live 3 times when it toured and the accuracy the subs capture is great, only limited but the mic on the BD or CD.
Movies are just such a great experience. All those people that think they are listening to good HT with low end subs that muddy the sounds really do not know what sonic qualities of a movie they are missing until they use a good sub. I am not one to watch movies more than once, but the way my HT sounds now I find myself watching parts of some movies over and over (Oblivion, EOT, Interstellar, Gravity) even though some I did not care for much other than they had some fantastic soundtracks. I actually can see the day I sell the V1800 maybe for a pair of S3600s
Kluken (2-V1800) January 6, 2016